|First Reading: (Lesson)||Acts 17: 22 – 31|
|Second Reading: (Epistle)||1 Peter 3: 13 – 22|
|Gospel Reading:||John 14: 15 – 21|
They may be found at the Revised Common Lectionary website.
PRAYERS THIS WEEK
Prayers for the church in the Cycle of Prayer:
• In the Anglican Communion-worldwide, we pray for: The Anglican Church in Ngbo (Enugu, Nigeria), The Rt. Reverend Christian Ebisike;
• In the Anglican Church of Canada we pray for: our Primate, Fred Hiltz; our National Indigenous Bishop, Mark MacDonald; our General Secretary Michael Thompson and General Synod Staff;
• In Our Diocese of Rupert’s Land we pray for: our Bishop, Donald Phillips; the people of the Parish Church of the Ascension, Stonewall; for the Diocesan Council meeting on May 27;
• In Our Parish Family we pray for: Lillian McKenney; Rhoda Miles; Margaret and Ken Moise; WestEnd Commons Families; Grain of Wheat Church Community;
• For Our Parish: St Matthew’s, here in the heart of the city in the heart of God. Strengthen our church to be like a great tree giving shade and shelter to all who come. Under its branches let the people rest in your grace and be re-rooted in your kingdom’s work. May the streets of our community be holy ground beneath our feet.
Pray for people in need: Camron Henderson; Shannon Greene; Arthurson family; Wilk family; Richard; Sierra; Irene and Phil; Trinity; Adrian Wortley; Sylvester Taylor; Les; Doug and Lydia Wilson;
Pray for those have died: Bud Wilk; Norman Arthurson;
Pray for people celebrating: Caroline Corbin; Avi Beardy; Sarah Lynn Apetagon; Vernon Williams Sr. and Courtney Apetagon on their birthdays; Beryl and Sam Taylor on their anniversary;
Pray for those in Care Homes: Zelda W; Winnie C; Stella J; Rose B