Readings may be found at the Revised Common Lectionary website.
PRAYERS THIS WEEK
Prayers for the church in the Cycle of Prayer:
• In the Anglican Communion-worldwide: The Episcopal Church in Jerusalem & The Middle East, and their archbishop Suheil Dawani;
• In the Anglican Church of Canada we pray for: our Primate, Fred Hiltz; our National Indigenous Bishop, Mark MacDonald; our General Secretary Michael Thompson and General Synod Staff;
• In Our Diocese of Rupert’s Land we pray for: our Bishop, Donald Phillips; our companion Diocese of Central Buganda; the people of the Parishes of St. Philip in Winnipeg, Scanterbury, and Hodgson; those being confirmed at St. Aidan; former students of residential schools as they seek healing, hope, and recovery from abuses; those attending the Provincial Synod May 3 – 6 in Edmonton;
• In Our Parish Family we pray for: Bob Clarkson; Jude Claude; Winnifred Clouston; the WestEnd Commons families; Grain of Wheat Church Community;
• For Our Parish: St. Matthew’s, here in the heart of the city in the heart of God. Strengthen our church to be like a great tree giving shade and shelter to all who come. Under its branches let the people rest in your grace and be re-rooted in your kingdom’s work. May the streets of our community be holy ground beneath our feet.
Pray for people in need: Patrick Stewart; Herbert Cook, Stella and Fred Neff; Nora Murdock; Richard Cook; Lorna Howell; Theodore Apetagon; Jean Omand and Florence Fanan; Kendra and Sheona; Olimpia and Daniel Depeiza; Kevin and family; Jude; Natasha; Rose Bitternose; Bob Webster; Les Jr.; Doug and Lydia; Geraldine; Rick and family;
Pray for people celebrating: Phoenix Henderson; Rachel Cook; May Henderson on their birthdays;
Pray for those whom have died: Patrick; Myron Babb; Carol;
Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord; and let light perpetual shine upon them.
Pray for those in Care Homes: Sylvester Taylor; Zelda Wright; Winnie Clouston; Rose Bitternose; and Stella Jurkovic.