Sunday July 30 after the service: Rev. Bob Webster will be leading a house blessing at Gwen’s new house, 363 Simcoe Street. You are welcome to walk over (about 7 minutes) or drive/ride over (there is usually street parking on Simcoe and St. Matthew’s Ave.) and share in the house blessing and refreshments.
Tuesday August 29, 2017: Living Well Together training session for leaders in the diocese and parishes at Epiphany Indigenous Anglican Church at 730 McPhillips.
8:45am – 4:30pm, lunch to be provided, with a morning and afternoon break
• relational and support strategies that support people
• what does it mean to be trauma informed
• come away with a working understanding of the ways historical practices are connected to today’s concerns
• ways that churches can be supportive and safe spaces
• offer resources for ongoing learning
• help participants understand pathways to engaging Indigenous youth
Please be aware that some of our people have allergies or sensitivities to fragrances such as perfume, fabric softener, scented shampoos and scented lotions. Mild fragrances can cause strong reactions.
Centering (meditative) Prayer: Thursdays at 2pm in the sanctuary; and a shorter version Sundays at 9:45 am in the church upstairs.
Readings for July 30 [8th after Pentecost]:
Genesis 29:15–28; Psalm 128; Romans 8: 26–39; Matthew 13: 31–33, 44-52
Note: On Sunday morning if you need the elevator, enter in the doors off St. Matthews Avenue and enter 641 into the key pad. Bob will open the doors for you.
[If that fails, try calling: 204-470-2646]
Healing Prayers are on the first and third Sundays of the month, during Communion.