Our mission is expressed as a prayer:
We pray for our parish, St. Matthew’s, here in the heart of the city in the heart of God.
Let our church be like a great tree giving shade and shelter to all who come.
Under its branches let the people rest in your grace and be re-rooted in your kingdom’s work.
May the streets of our community be holy ground beneath our feet.
Our parish strives to be
- a place of belonging, dignity and honouring of each other’s gifts
- a place of compassionate action and engagement with our neighbours
- a place of healing for ourselves and all our relations
- a place to celebrate our faith with joy and intellect; and
- a place of collaborative decision-making and table fellowship